[Gnumed-devel] Data packs naming

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs naming
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 18:00:57 -0700

Before I email Karsten several additional packs

        cs_INN_de_CA.zip
        cs_INN_en_CA.zip
        cs_INN_fr_CA.zip
        cs_en_US.zip

I wanted to ask about data pack naming which is presently

        2011-09-tallman
        ca-2011-non-brand-drug-info

… I can se advantages to instead group together related kinds of data packs by
naming the start of the pack with the group to which the pack belongs, for
example

        drug-names
        diag-code
        lab-codes

under which convention we might rename the existing as

        drug-names-tallman-2011-09
        drug-names-substance-info-en_CA

and the additional ones:

        drug-names-substance-info-en_US
        drug-names-substance-info-INN-en
        drug-names-substance-info-INN-fr
        drug-names-substance-info-INN-de

BTW the INN packs include the subset of 4251 substances (derived from among the
6354 dosing ranges available in Canada) for which there were INNs available to
be harvested and which also have ATC codes. The US pack, although it has 6940
records, does not supply ATCs hence my not bothering to see whether to derive
from American instead of Canadian would generate any more INN records.

-- Jim