Re: [Gnumed-devel] Vaccine routes: values in clin.vacc_route

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Vaccine routes: values in clin.vacc_route
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:15:06 +0200

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:40:27AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> 1) can we change, either in
>
>       ~/git/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/server/sql/gmClin-Vaccination-data.sql

This would rewrite history and thus break continuity.

> or in the next maintenance release
>
>       UPDATE clin.vacc_route
>       SET route = 'oral' WHERE route = 'orally'

Done.

> 2) can I please be reminded (sorry it is so difficult to
> keep straight) the method by which such strings or values
> are best translated into different languages?

        select i18n.upd_tx('de', 'oral', 'oral');

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/BackendI18N

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/I18N

> I somehow had
> the idea that we translate GUI strings in Launchpad (or with
> python utilities) whereas table are translated in some
> additional table data columns, but maybe that is wrong.

No, that's correct.

> In the case of vaccine routes, should these be represented as a selectable
> item
>
>       Vaccine routes
>
> in the client menu
>
>       GNUmed > Master data management > Select the list you want to manage

Yes, for management.

> or are the route values to be translated in Launchpad / python utilities?

No, rather in either data packs or within the bootstrap SQL files.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de