Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographic address labelling "Place"

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographic address labelling "Place"
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 20:32:14 -0700

On 2011-09-17, at 8:31 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Shall I ask a local list of english-speaking doctors a
>> preference? I am sure they may prefer one among {Town, Urb}
>> to 'Place'.
>
> Yes, please.

The reply was

        Urb doesn't really work .....there is a strong rural culture that
        characterises rural as "not urban"

so I then proposed

        Municipality

which was approved of.

(While there is no perfect agreement on what municipality necessarily means --
on account of variation in governmental statutes and regulations, same as for
town, city etc -- we are IMO safe to expect general agreement that
'municipality' can extend from village all the way up through city.)

-- Jim