Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed post 1.0 - social network

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed post 1.0 - social network
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:20:42 -0700

On 2011-09-21, at 7:37 AM, Jim Busser wrote:

> I have been thinking this could be managed, per patient, inside their
> demographic tab Social network even below the in-praxis primary doc. Here I
> would envision:
>
> - signed-out to
>
>       (this could be a colleague inside the praxis (already enlisted as user)
> or, in the case of a small praxis, it could be a local colleague who uses his
> or her own EMR
>
> -  care relationships
>
>       Provider name   Provider type   Seen since      Last referral (date /
> reason)   Next appt status

While I recall Sebastian having the opinion such persons should not be added to

        dem.identity
        dem.names

but instead into some table space of their own, is there any reason why not to
put them into

        dem.identity

particularly when they can be assigned an external_id and thereby

1) updating their work numbers when these change and
2) not deleting these people when they would have been linked to praxis
patients (or themselves achieved a status as 'patient')

otherwise it is unclear to me why we would have the table

        lnk_person_org_address

for the purpose of managing staff and patients' linkages to the addresses of
their

        ? (alternate) employer organization
        ? place of residence when residing in a nursing home

?/

-- Jim