Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data pack for ICD-9 :-)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data pack for ICD-9 :-)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:16:24 -0700

On 2011-09-26, at 2:04 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>>> I got an unhandled exception (log attached).
>>
>> Here's another one, resulting from inputting into the coding field
>>
>>      infarct
>>
>> Same if I try (in the summary of encounter coding field):
>>
>>      infa
>
> Yes, I found (and fixed) that one already.

Looking at the various tooltips on hover over the various places that codes can
be entered, it would be good to incorporate something to the effect of

        to add a second, third etc. insert an ';' after each

Following is the text of the various tooltips, which we might better regularize
to cover the dual-case of the tooltip having to both

- help to expand on (explain) values that have already been entered, and
- helping the user to know how to input into empty fields including the use of
semicolon as separator)

maybe:

        Codes relevant to this <insert name of kind of item e.g. Reason for
Encounter> \n
        separated by ;

so that when the above describes existing entries, the bottom line in the
resulting tooltip can be ignored, whereas when confronted with an empty field
that invites filling-in, the second line in the tooltip becomes helpful?

Here is a mini-inventory of what I could find among existing tooltips related
to codes:

        Notes fields (multiple)

-->             Enter codes relevant to this Reason for Encounter

-->             Enter codes relevant to this Outcome of Encounter

-->             Codes linked to this episode.

        EMR tree

                Editing a Health issue

-->                     Select one or more codes that apply

                Editing an Episode

-->                     Codes relevant to this episode.

                Editing an Encounter

-->                     Codes relevant to the Assessment of Encounter

-- Jim