Re: [Gnumed-devel] About systems of codification

From: Adrian Midgley
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] About systems of codification
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:34:12 +0100

On 28 September 2011 12:25, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>> http://defoam.net/hubris/hubris01.htm
>
> I did read *that*, of course, back when I designed the
> coding backend !

Time to write the next version, perhaps?

My current area of interest/hubris/heading off into the distance is to
stop thinking about medical record systems and start talking about
automation, in the sense that I think Vernor Vinge used it a while
back.

The NHS, alas, has been backing away from the poorly understood but
effective bits of automation that got built into result transfers and
suchlike, and toward medical records, where the computer is on the one
hand an additional task for doctors, others, or their amanuenses, to
make notes after teh event, and on the other hand is a ssytem for
programming people to perform repetitive actions.

So automation of things that people are bad at and machines are good
at is where it should be at, i think.

--
Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/