[Gnumed-devel] obsoleting a dem.address ?

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] obsoleting a dem.address ?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:53:01 -0700

After linking an org to an address created as one of its places of business,
the following subsequent scenarios are possible:

- the street can be renamed; is it acceptable to update the street name or must
a trigger prevent it? I would not think that we warrant a trigger to constrain
against it, because this is different than changing the name of, say, a
medication that was given to a patient.

- the address could be obsoleted because the building might be demolished or
the org otherwise ceases to do business there. in this case, it may be
desirable to be able to prune (delete) such addresses however it is possible
that something other than this org could have linked to it.

For example, a patient could have listed this as a work address, so we can't
very well just delete it.

I noted, in dem.country, a column

        deprecated

        date when this country ceased officially to exist (if applicable)

for this purpose. Shall the same make sense for dem.address?

-- Jim