Re: [Gnumed-devel] Freemdiams on GNUmed(Windows)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Freemdiams on GNUmed(Windows)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:45:21 +0100

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 03:59:07PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> What is the state of FreeDiams support from within GNUmed on the Windows
> platform ?

The same as on Linux, code-wise.

> From the log of GNUmed 0.9.11 it looks like it is only looking in unix-style
> directories rather then C:\Programme\FreeDiams

Can you send me a log ?

This is what gmMedication.py::cFreeDiamsInterface.__detect_binary() does:

        #--------------------------------------------------------
        def __detect_binary(self):

                if self.path_to_binary is not None:
                        return True

                found, cmd = gmShellAPI.find_first_binary(binaries = [
                        r'/usr/bin/freediams',
                        r'freediams',
                        r'/Applications/FreeDiams.app/Contents/MacOs/FreeDiams',
                        r'C:\Program Files\FreeDiams\freediams.exe',
                        r'c:\programs\freediams\freediams.exe',
                        r'freediams.exe'
                ])

                if found:
                        self.path_to_binary = cmd
                        return True

                try:
                        self.custom_path_to_binary
                except AttributeError:
                        _log.error('cannot find FreeDiams binary, no custom
path set')
                        return False

                if self.custom_path_to_binary is None:
                        _log.error('cannot find FreeDiams binary')
                        return False

                found, cmd = gmShellAPI.detect_external_binary(binary =
self.custom_path_to_binary)
                if found:
                        self.path_to_binary = cmd
                        return True

                _log.error('cannot find FreeDiams binary')
                return False

find_first_binary() calls gmShellAPI.py::detect_external_binary()
on each of the candidates.

> Actually now that I write this I see that it is searching the PATH variable.

Among other things, yes.

> Looks like placing c:\Programme\FreeDiams in the PATH makes it work

Sure, and if you send me a list of c:\programs\ in all of
the world's 300 major languages (or else an explanation of
what the heck Microsoft was thinking) we can improve that.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de