Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medications

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medications
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:51:24 +0100

Hi Vaibhav,

> trade names are different in different countries. the drug
> database similar to existing canadian or german are not
> available in  all the countries.

In fact, a German database is not really available either.

> To overcome this problem, I suggest two ways
> 1. put generic drug database into gnumed.

There already is. You can import the (English) generic INN
names of substances from a data pack kindly provided by Jim.

The drug data you previously provided is also still part of
GNUmed.

> Allow free entry of trade names.

You can already do that now.

> Autocompletion may be allowed if possible.

This already works.

> 2. Allow export of existing database to xls so that it can
> be modified by average users and then import it.

I will most definitely not explicitely spend time supporting
Microsoft formats (but I will most definitely look at and
likely accept patches which do so).

Export to Open/Libre Office Calc is already possible by
using their PostgreSQL driver and the freely available
GNUmed database documentation.

I am sure help can be organized if there are problems with
re-importing modified data.

Best regards,
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de