Re: [Gnumed-devel] Post 1.1 wishlist

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Post 1.1 wishlist
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:53:40 +0100

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 05:42:30PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> > It's lacking a way to effect saving. Space is getting
> > awfully tight though.
>
> Are we talking about in
>
>       http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2011-11/pngeZAGcEMEXL.png
>
> the lack of room for management buttons?
>
> I would not have thought buttons are needed there. For
> 'Caveat', it is a double-click on the field that evokes an
> editor wherein are contained such buttons, upon closure of
> which any updates get reflected in the top ribbon?

If you are talking using several fields in the top ribbon to
only *display* the current encounter that'd be a waste of
space. Display could be effected much more resource
friendly.

So am I understanding this correctly:

You would be OK with display only of the current encounter
in the top panel as long as double-clicking can invoke the
edit area for it ?.

Meaning that if such were implemented the encounter fields
could be removed from the SOAP plugin ?

I'd be glad to code it that way.

Other opinions ?

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de