[Gnumed-devel] should translation 'languages' be language_COUNTRY (la_CO

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] should translation 'languages' be language_COUNTRY (la_CO) or just language (la)?
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:37:38 +0000

>> phrasewheels be populated by matches among
>>
>>      base values
>> +    de_DE
>> +    generic (even without configuration) ?
>
> No. It would be populated by
>
> dem.* + de_DE
>                       or de
>                               or geneirc [sic]

On this wiki page

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/BackendI18N

the example given is

        where translation teams will find it and provide a translation for,
say, German like so:

        insert into i18n_translations(lang, orig, trans) values ('de_DE',
'sister', 'Schwester');

however would this better be

        insert into i18n_translations(lang, orig, trans) values ('de',
'sister', 'Schwester');

thus making it more widely available? We do not anywhere in the wiki define

        xx_XX

so maybe in between the headings

        Concepts
        Database objects

I can add a heading

        Convention

with a description of xx_XX if anybody cares to provide one along with an
answer of when to use

        xx_XX

vs

        xx