Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed > pdflatex generating bloated PDFs

From: Eric MAEKER
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed > pdflatex generating bloated PDFs
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 07:58:15 +0100

Le 24 nov. 2011 à 04:37, Busser, Jim a écrit :

> On 2011-11-23, at 7:14 PM, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>>> Less optimal but perhaps easier (?) could be to use one of the other
>>> approaches referenced above, namely to use ps2pdf (a wrapper script which
>>> uses ghostscript)
>

> Doing
>
>       pdf2ps orig.pdf orig.ps ; ps2pdf orig.ps smaller.pdf
>
> shrinks the file from 230K to 57K
>
> :-)
>
> can this be scripted?

Woutch ! This means lost of data. You'd better look at supported PDF version of
pdf2ps.

For the FreeMedForms project, I would like to implement the PDF-FDF populating.
The PDF-FDF is a PDF form that user can feel directly. I would also like to
implement notation in PDF.

I've found a JAVA based project called pdftk :

        http://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/

Do you have any other references ?

-----
Eric Maeker, MD (Fr)