Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographics name 'Remove' not working (and other imp

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographics name 'Remove' not working (and other improvements)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:44:14 +0100

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 09:06:06PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> 1) Remove not working
>
> In a record, I did as follows:
>
> - cloned a name and made this the active name
>
> - tried to 'Remove' one of the other names:
>
>       - click Remove
>       - editor opens (I am not sure why)

I cannot reproduce this. Cloning + making active works.
Selecting another (non-active) name and clicking [Remove]
asks whether I truly want to remove the name. Chosing [Yes]
does indeed remove the name while chosing [No] does nothing.

> - tried to remove the active name
>
>       - same as above
>       - assuming the above gets fixed, I would expect the following events:
>
>       - if it is the active patient selected, one of:
>
>       (a)     a beep, plus a status message as appropriate:
>
>               if there exists only one name:
>
>                       Cannot delete the only name of a person
>
>               else
>
>                       First alter another name value to be 'active'

Indeed, that's an oversight. One can remove the active name
which should not happen and makes the patient invisible.

Done.

I guess the database should ultimately protect against such
follies (deleting the only name or deleting the active name).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de