Re: [Gnumed-devel] Better-structured narrative output

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Better-structured narrative output
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 16:51:12 +0000

On 2011-12-01, at 1:28 AM, Jim Busser wrote:

> The second paradigm or mode of information review is
>
> (2) 'alternative' views (think EMR Journal …
>
> Added / modified*
> - modified_when (full datetimestamp)
> - suppress duplicate listing (where consecutive) at the level of {date hour
> minute seconds}
> - if row_number is >= 2, append asterisk * to datetime stamp
>
> By whom
> - usercode
> - suppress duplicate listing where consecutive
>
> Information
> - perhaps, to the left of this, a column containing * where row version is >=
> 1, to draw visual attention to changes
> - the narrative can be something like what we now have

You know, what would *really* help is -- in the case where a row had been
modified (i.e. row_version >1) -- displaying a diff of

        row_current
        vs
        row_version (current-1) in audit table

assuming we could display in a plugin strikethrough and underline (or double
underline) text … would this be python rather than postgres functionality?

!! ??

-- Jim