Re: [Gnumed-devel] Better-structured narrative output

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Better-structured narrative output
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 20:23:18 +0100

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 04:51:12PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> You know, what would *really* help is -- in the case where a row had been
> modified (i.e. row_version >1) -- displaying a diff of
>
>       row_current
>       vs
>       row_version (current-1) in audit table
>
> assuming we could display in a plugin strikethrough and
> underline (or double underline) text … would this be
> python rather than postgres functionality?

- PostgreSQL should not (and does not) play a role in
  presentation of data

- this would require rewriting every piece of code which
  displays data from using unicode text to HTML or some
  other richer format

- wxPython does not to my knowledge support a usable
  rich text read only control

- wxPython lists do not support - to my knowledge -
  advanced text attributes like strikethrough

- presentation of diffs is a known-hard problem
  user interface wise

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de