[Gnumed-devel] Hacking a development database

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Hacking a development database
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 00:03:21 +0000

Knowing not whether a development (v17) script yet existed to bootstrap and to better help me maintain such a 'hacking' database on my production laptop, I tried the following and from the point of view of psql connections and queries anyway, it appeared to work:

Using not psql but a wrapper around it (createdb) to make a new development database:

        su postgres
        (input system level postgres passsword)

        cd /opt/local/lib/postgresql84/bin

        e.g.

        ./createdb -U postgres -O gm-dbo -T gnumed_v16 gnumed_v17

        ./createdb -U postgres -O gm-dbo -T gnumed_vCurrent gnumed_vNumberWanted
        (input postgres level postgres passsword)

However I then tried to point my 1.1.5 client at it using

        sh gm-from-vcs.sh --conf gm-from-vcs-17.conf

wherein I had taken my production v16 conf and replaced all occurrences of 16 to 17. While it seems that the 1.1.5 client *will* accept to connect, I get the following and wondered whether it speaks to anything additional (or better) that I should do when testing out the client against a cloned database (whose schema, until I would try to revise it, would be the same as for v16).

??

-- Jim