[Gnumed-devel] medication duration was Re: GNUmed 1.1.6 Release

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] medication duration was Re: GNUmed 1.1.6 Release
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 20:35:01 +0000

On 2011-12-01, at 7:59 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> FIX: failure to verify substance intake duration [thanks vbanait]

Under 1.1.6 I cannot get GNUmed to save any of my entries.

I tried

        1 day
        1 week
        2011.12.08

but none of these were saved. What is the required format?

Also, I am wondering whether or not free text should perhaps be allowed. That
would be more flexible, for example the duration might be

        5 doses

or

        10 tablets

(both informal, I know) but even if the entry would be date-computable one
cannot know in advance whether the actual duration is going to be shorter
(because of side effects) or longer (because some other clinician, maybe
outside the praxis, decided to extend it).

So what about making it free text but parsing it in the GUI, so that in case it
*is* computable there can be a benefit, for example to help to auto-complete

        Discontinued

when the patient, at their next visit, confirms that they took it as instructed?

-- Jim