[Gnumed-devel] Encounter workflows - clinicians

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter workflows - clinicians
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 21:35:06 +0000

Now that the plan is to have encounter information shown and accessible in the
top area of the screen, can we review what might be desirable?

When a clinician hits a patient who either

- has an encounter whose age is in the 'prompt' range, or
- has no 'live' encounter

can it be possible to auto-open the Encounter widget with the newly-created
encounter open and the encounter type auto-selected to easily permit its being
changed if appropriate? As previously mentioned, there exist several different
clinical encounter types per praxis and unless all chart activity gets placed
under ''in praxis" even when the followup work is happening over the next few
days with no patient present, I can foresee that the encounter type will often
need to be 'set' to match the situation.

-- Jim