Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter workflows - staff and notes / narrative

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter workflows - staff and notes / narrative
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 00:53:53 +0100

On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 09:48:31PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> The recent discussion about clinical narrative
>
>       SOAP
>
>       vs
>
>       Uncategorized (but still clinical)
>
>       vs
>
>       Null
>
> reminded me that we can store in clin.clin_narrative some rows like
>
>       e.g. medication list printed from template…
>       e.g. Deletion of substance intake
>
> So far, the 'NULL' soap_cat rows reference events in other tables.

I am not sure I understand this assertion in the light of
your two examples above which do get written to
clin.clin_narrative under a NULL category.

> Might it be desirable for staff to be able to input some
> soap_cat NULL (or soap_cat 'S') narrative into the narrative
> table?

There's already two places for them to store exactly that:

clin.encounter.RFE

clin.waiting_list.comment

        (which is what I use daily in another software for exactly that)

>       'Mrs Smith is not coming today, she has the flu' or
>       'Mrs Smith is not coming today, she has been admitted to XYZ hospital'

Oh, OK. Yes, that makes sense.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de