Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-medication

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-medication
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 01:04:49 +0100

Allergies do desire substances.

> 2) we are already understanding that the current
> medication list eventually needs to evolve to provide
> greater functionality, such as to provide a record of
> different dosages that have been used at different times,
> and to capture any authorizations granted by the doctors for
> the medications to be prescribed (i.e. a record of
> prescriptions). It is possible that a vaccination may have
> to be prescribed for a patient in order to be able to obtain
> the vaccination in the first place, which only affects
> 'real' brands and not 'fake' brands, so it may be ok that it
> is only real brands that will be listed in the medication
> gui. After all, you cannot actually 'prescribe' a fake
> brand.

We can. We can write a prescription for "Tetanus vaccine"
w/o specifying which.

OTOH, .fake and component-less drugs are orthogonal concepts.

> 3) over in the vaccination area, the vaccination that is
> entered *may* have been administered by a nurse or other
> clinician in the praxis or may have been administered
> elsewhere. Even in the case of a real brand which had been
> prescribed (and which was maybe therefore entered into
> 'current medications')

It being a single dose it is more like a one-off procedure
than a current medication. After all a patient is not "on" a
vaccine.

> in the case of a 'fake' vaccine, this would not be
> anything that had been administered in the praxis

Why not ?  Back when vaccination support was written I
remember insistence on it being entirely unreasonable to
require the *administering clinician* to read the vaccine
brand off the vial.

(Well, "fake" would not be administered, but it could be
documented so.)

> (well, I
> guess it could be a historical entry when insufficient
> information had been kept). Mainly the purpose of a fake
> vaccine is to enter the fact of the vaccine having been
> administered elsewhere, when we have sufficient trust that
> it actually happened, but where we lack the details needed
> to be able to enter a particular brand.
>
> sound about right?

Yes !

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de