Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-medication

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-medication
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 16:21:35 +0100

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 04:51:34PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Unsure how to help the user given that a Brand will (in
> most cases) be unusable until after components have been
> added,

GNUmed now asks the user whether they, indeed, want to do so.

> except for fake vaccines.

Oh, another use might be to ignore them when, say, matching
to external sources or similar purposes. It's just that ATM
the fakeness isn't put to use other than with vaccines.

> Should the tooltip for Brand name say something like
>
>         The brand name of the drug. Note: a brand name will need to be linked
> to one or
>         more components before it can be used, except in the case of fake
> vaccines.

Done.

> Should [ ] Fake brand and tooltip be
>
>         [ ] Fake vaccine

Fake brands can, indeed, be created.

>         If brand does not commercially exist.

Done.

> Since components are in most cases required, can I suggest
> to color the field pink?

But only if the user answered "No" to the question: "Are you
sure you want to save the brand w/o components ?"

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de