Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUMed SOAP vs SOAPless progress notes

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUMed SOAP vs SOAPless progress notes
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 18:23:09 +0100

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 01:15:31AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> > The waiting list is intended to hold and communicate
> > *patients* waiting in the praxis to be seen. That's the
> > design goal.
>
> You did previously write
>
>       "Along the way - and drawing
>       from first hand use case experience - I noticed that with a
>       few minor generalizations (arbitrary zoning, arbitrarily
>       settable list position etc) this sort of thing can be used
>       for a lot more than just currently waiting patients…
>
>       Since the waiting list isn't intended as a tool for
>       clinical-plan-handling-only
>
>               (?? not sure what was meant)
>
>       it can only be by social
>       contract at your site that the waiting list zone
>       "clinical-todo" is used for such things
>
>       http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2009-07/msg00266.html
>
> Thus, I cannot discern whether you did (and do still)
> picture the Waiting list to double as a task manager,

Ah, indeed, I did write that.

Now, while I still do think that the waiting list *can*
serve as a make-shift, Poor Man's task manager (to more
liberally allow such kinds of hacks we've carefully crafted
the waiting list as not to unduly impede them) I still
maintain that the immediate design goal for the waiting list
was to fulfill the purpose "allow maintaining a list of
patients waiting to be seen".

This does not infringe of the usefulness of managing tasks.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de