Re: [Gnumed-devel] Task management beyond the make-shift waitlist functi

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Task management beyond the make-shift waitlist functionality
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 21:56:10 +0000

On 2011-12-06, at 1:29 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> It is not on me to decide what anyone uses, develops, or
> distributes. This is all GPL.

How cleanly can a praxis

        substitute a variant plug-in, for an existing one

        add a plug-in which is not in the distribution

and what overview might we usefully provide to inform how best to do this?

>> It would be helpful if,
>> for any patient, it can be made apparent
>>
>>      at the patient level, whether exists for them one or more incomplete
>> tasks
>>      --> maybe even accessible from the inbox?
>
> The inbox is, indeed, another useful place to put such information.

I was thinking (like labs and documents) to allow the items themselves to live
elsewhere, while supporting to provide a set of virtual items (keyed from the
originals) in the inbox.

Does this sound like a suitable approach?

-- Jim