Re: [Gnumed-devel] Can we have a refresh of Attach documents (Episodes)

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Can we have a refresh of Attach documents (Episodes) when a problem was added to EMR
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 02:04:49 +0000

On 2011-12-07, at 5:33 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> When attaching a document ... [creating]
>
>       EMR > Add / Edit > Past history (health issue / PMH)
>
> [even hen inputted as 'active' does not show up in]
>
>       Attach documents > Associate to episode

which apparently is on account of such items lacking any 'episodes'.

So here now is a problem… when I create a

        Past history

and still-important item like

        s/p coronary stenting for CAD

and I want to import a document, I have to

1. go to Attach document and tell GNUmed which part(s) to attach

2. if an episode does not exist

        create the Health issue

        create an episode and nest it under the issue

input the now-available episode

Why can't documents be attached to health issues without having to be attached
to an episode?

If that cannot be sanely managed then the creation of a Past Hx item (or health
issue) should auto-create an episode of same name as the Past Hx item (health
issue)
        --> this is equivalent to when an episode is promoted to be a Health
issue

Does this sound reasonable?

-- Jim