Re: [Gnumed-devel] Can we have a refresh of Attach documents (Episodes)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Can we have a refresh of Attach documents (Episodes) when a problem was added to EMR
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 09:01:59 +0100

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 02:04:49AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Why can't documents be attached to health issues without having to be
> attached to an episode?

Clinically: because they always belong under a certain Episode of Care

Technically: because allowing both is a nightmare. We
already have that nightmare with substance intakes (where I
don't know how to avoid) which we need to be able to link to
either a raw substance or a drug component.

(the equivalent would be to allow linking to either a drug
brand or a raw substance)

> If that cannot be sanely managed then the creation of a
> Past Hx item (or health issue) should auto-create an episode
> of same name as the Past Hx item (health issue)

Why not let a hook script to do that for you ?  I'm
pretty sure there's plenty of people who'd hate that
behaviour.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de