Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed-devel post from address@hidden requires approv

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed-devel post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 15:34:39 +0100

Hello Dr. Banait,

thanks for your report.

>  1. about current medication report (template)
>
> →Current medication report does not print the duration of advised treatment.

That is correct, at least for the template that is provided.

The template can be made to do so by using the placeholder
"current_meds" and accessing the 'duration' member thereof.

> It is required as pharmacist has to be informed how much drug is to be
> dispensed.

Since the current medication list template was not
*intended* to be used as a prescription (although it can
potentially double as that) I would like to disagree with
"is required" at least as far as the GNUmed-provided current
medication list template goes.

For a prescription the duration may well be necessasry, yes.
For that, a prescription template can be built.

> At present i am putting it manually. In Germany you specifiy the
> box size like n=50, but but practices differ!

I fully agree.

Best regards,
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de