Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-medication

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-medication
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 07:01:58 +0000

On 2011-12-08, at 2:06 AM, care endoscopy wrote:

2. about emr journal and consultation report
Suppose someone consult me for (S) diarrhoea. I observe (O) emaciation. My (A) is colonic malignancy My (P) is colonoscopy. I did colonoscopy. Showed (O) malignancy. Now when it prints s follows s, o follows o, so that colonoscopic findings are printed above the plan of colonoscopy. This looks odd. I would suggest soap / soap

A partial solution is to make a new encounter between your consultation and your procedure (endoscopy) which can be achieved by any of

EMR menu > Start new encounter

Notes plug-in --> click Encounter [ New ]

in GNUmed 1.2 top right there will be an encounter object permitting [N] ew as seen in this snippet

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2011-12/msg00079.html

which will achieve two encounters each with the possibility of

however we did not yet on the list figure out agreement between two different but valid use-cases:

1. to see, and to be able to review, and be able to placehold into documents
--> information organized in a *clinically* meaningful way

which I think can be achieved by adjustments to the EMR tree (not journal)
perhaps as I proposed here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2011-12/msg00001.html

2. to see, and to be able to review, and copy/paste into a document
--> information organized in a date-last-modified way
(to help us to notice that someone recently altered a previous entry)

which might more nicely be achieved this way:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2011-12/msg00002.html

-- Jim