Re: [Gnumed-devel] factoring out current encounter

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] factoring out current encounter
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:55:21 +0100

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 09:35:47PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> When already in focus on a patient, setting the name of a different patient
> evokes the
>
>       Edit encounter details
>
> window for the existing patient encounter.
>
> This grants the opportunity to alter or update this window however the Cancel
> button here has no clear meaning

I don't think so:

"Edit encounter details"

[Cancel]

> - is there anything in the panel which might have been previously entered but
> not yet saved?

That is not possible.

> - is the cancellation an instruction not to save what was already inputted,
> or is it a decision to abort anything newly adjusted in the panel?

It is an instruction to abort using this dialog called "edit
encounter details" without saving potential changes. Just
like in any other such dialog. Cancel is a standard action
in edit dialogs.

> - is it reasonable that a click of Cancel should also cancel the move to a
> different patient?

Not that I think. It cancels the dialog. The dialog "edits
the encounter details".

>       - should this button in 1.2 be named Discard changes?

I fail to see the improvement.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de