Re: [Gnumed-devel] GCALDaemon: an OS-independent, two-way Google calenda

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GCALDaemon: an OS-independent, two-way Google calendar synchronizer
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 22:10:13 +0100

On Saturday, December 17, 2011 09:20:34 PM Busser, Jim wrote:
> Can I be reminded what extent of parsing of external calendar sources
> GNUmed may already possess?
>
> For example, can GNUmed already be pointed to, and parse dates and names,
> from files that are in an iCalendar compatible format?
>
> If yes, is any existing description best found among the list postings?
>
> If no, is it relevant to future good-to-have functionality?
>
> At such point in time as the above is closer at hand, I found this which is
> available under Apache licensing:
>
>       http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/index.html
>
>       GCALDaemon is an OS-independent Java program that offers two-way
> synchronization between Google Calendar and various iCalendar compatible
> calendar applications. GCALDaemon is primarily designed as a calendar
> synchronizer

Check konsolecalendar. It is a one-way option in GNUmed currently. Connecting
to a calendar is not that big a problem. We did interface to Google calendar
directly as you might not want Google to have info about your patiente.

In principle we would have to look for some sort of calendar server software
and create a e.g. wxpython gui on top of it.

Mozilla Firebird might be an option.

Sebastian