Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview - encounters

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview - encounters
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 21:56:40 +0100

On Thursday, December 29, 2011 09:39:11 PM Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 04:53:26PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
> > Are waiting list items to be included in the overview?
> >
> > If excluded, why? Exclusion is something I could have a hard time to
> > agree with.
>
> Today I have spent an hour thinking about this waiting list
> issue. What I came up with, eventually.
>
> 1) The waiting list is intended to be just that - a list of
>    patients currently waiting.
>
> 2) It is fine to abuse the waiting list to (also) do
>    something else and I wont knowingly or willfully
>    remove functionality without very good reason.
>
> 3) The patient overview will not have its own panel
>    for displaying the waiting list. However, it *will*
>    display when the patient currently IS in the waiting
>    list.

Thinking this through I come to the same conclusion and fail to see the benefit
of having the wainting list duplicated in the "patient"-overview widget.

However as time passes I can imagine that GNUmed will eventually a "doctor"-
overview widget. This widget might be made with wxAUI and allow each GNUmed
user to arrange a set of widgetlets into an overview widget which serves as a
reminder for the doctor rather then giving an overview over a patient.

This doctor-overview might house the waiting list, todo (recalls), open
appointments and more.

Sebastian