Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview - encounters

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview - encounters
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 22:17:59 +0100

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 09:56:40PM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> > Today I have spent an hour thinking about this waiting list
> > issue. What I came up with, eventually.
> >
> > 1) The waiting list is intended to be just that - a list of
> >    patients currently waiting.
> >
> > 2) It is fine to abuse the waiting list to (also) do
> >    something else and I wont knowingly or willfully
> >    remove functionality without very good reason.
> >
> > 3) The patient overview will not have its own panel
> >    for displaying the waiting list. However, it *will*
> >    display when the patient currently IS in the waiting
> >    list.
>
> Thinking this through I come to the same conclusion and fail to see the
> benefit
> of having the wainting list duplicated in the "patient"-overview widget.

Well, Jim is re-using the waiting list as a tasks list.
Hence every patient can show up in the waiting list umpteen
(?) times, each time potentially with another waiting zone.

Jim desires to see those entries related to the current
patient within the patient overview.

> This doctor-overview might house the waiting list, todo (recalls), open
> appointments and more.

Aha, a honkin' great idea for GNUmed 1.1.3 !

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de