Re: [Gnumed-devel] letterhead

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] letterhead
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:56:26 +0100

Hello Vaibhav,

a happy new year to you as well !

> I am planning to use logo and letterhead using package fancyhdr on our
> reporting templates to create a letterhead.

> I am planning
> to put my clinic's name as left header and my name with qualifications
> on right head followed by a thick line . I am also planning to put
> phone numbers and email as a footer.

I really like this plan. You may want to get into contact
with Jim who I know has also been designing a letter
template for his uses.

> For this I will have to
> put  image  file in a folder which is accessed by latex during
> processing a latex templates.

Yes. Can LaTeX take an absolute path or does it need a
relative path ?

> if you can please let me know the
> directory for templates, this should become easy to me.

Well, the templates themselves are stored in the database.
They are only exported to disk whenever a document is about
to be created from a template. At that time the directory
will be a different one each time.

However, if LaTeX supports absolute paths you can just put
the graphics somewhere into your home directory and put the
full path inside the template in the database.

If LaTeX needs a relative path you can use:

        /tmp/gnumed/

because that's where GNUmed will create its per-client temp
dirs under. Inside the template you can then use
"../../the-logo-file.png".

Note that at each startup Linux will clean the /tmp/
directory and thus the logo file will be lost on each
startup. You can, however, make sure it gets copied to
/tmp/gnumed/ whenever you start GNUmed by writing a shell
script

        /your/homedir/.gnumed/scripts/gnumed-startup-local.sh

which does the copy for you. This script is run whenever the
client is started.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de