Re: [Gnumed-devel] Wish list

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Wish list
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:22:29 +0100

> > Recommended by: Dr.............,
> >                                Patient Mr.....
> >                                Saw article in newspaper
> >                                Internet search
> >

> Ah. You mean you want to keep track of how your patients came to know
> about
> you or your practice ?
> ...yah! In a personal clinic, you have to keep track of your areas of
> strength and where you are weak, so that resources could be optimally
> utilised.

I would seem to think this sort of statistic being outside the realm
of an Electronic Medical Record.

Surely, such data can be captured as a SOAPU note but IMHO it does
not warrant dedicated modelling.

> Do you want to print this information in a letter ? In what context ? Who
> do
> you want to tell this information ?
> ...as simple as a letter of thanks, and at times about management in
> emergencies if patient is located in remote area lacking expertise in field.
> Also to enquire if patient is lost to follow up.

That part makes sense, of course. I take the liberty to interpret
this wish as "can we have .referred_by management" to which the
answer is: sure.