[Gnumed-devel] Inbox sorting

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Inbox sorting
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:48:32 +0100

There's one little chance how the Inbox can have *appeared*
to be sorted by patient name:

- IF one field of the messages contained just the patient
  name (say .comment)

        AND

- IF the physical table rows just so happened to be
  in an on-disk order such that they would match
  an alphabetic sorting of the above field (.comment)

THEN inbox messages would have been *displayed* as seeming to
be in patient name order (pre-2009, that is) -- because back
then we did not apply ANY specific order when we queried the
inbox. Hence we took what the database handed to us.

These days the ordering is

        1) .importance
        2) .received_when
        3) <physical row order>