Re: [Gnumed-devel] Handling of allergy entries

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Handling of allergy entries
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 18:23:38 +0100

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 09:54:05AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Therefore when inputting a history of a penicillin reaction, instead of
> seeing in GNUmed
>
>       Episode (closed): Penicillin; (2011-11-25 00:48)
>
> my suggestion would be that we see
>
>       Episode (closed): Allergy detail; (2011-11-25 00:48)
>
> because:
>
> 1) the detail is already available from
>
>       select substance, fk_type, definite, narrative from clin.allergy where
> fk_episode = <episode number>
>
> and
>
> 2) in the circumstance where a patient presented with an actual allergic
> reaction or drug sensitivity, we would likely be creating the item as a named
> episode via a progress note or via the EMR tree and so would suggest that
> when entries are made using the allergy editor, the auto-created episode be
> named instead
>
>       Allergy detail
>
> which could be re-used if it already existed and could be left as a more or
> less long term resident among 'unattributed episodes'

I have changed the episode creation code to produce:

        Allergy detail: Penicillin

Note that the allergy will already be included within an
"Allergies/Intolerances" health issue. It is not
"unattributed" anymore.

Ideally, eventually, the allergy manager would allow
for *selection* of the episode.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de