Re: [Gnumed-devel] Usage of GNU-med for TCM

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Usage of GNU-med for TCM
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 18:05:49 +0000

On 2012-02-27, at 6:12 PM, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

I always used it for my TCM practice :))

I am a medical doctor too, so that might help with some of the SOAP thinking, but if you accept this, GNUmed is awesome :))

Rogerio

PS: The herbal medicines and therapies may NOT go well with the medication plugin ... but I haven't tried it since FreeDiams came on board.

I am not sure what Rogerio means. Managing such therapies in GNUmed requires a practitioner to come up with a plan for how to organize:

1) a set of re-usable "substances" (equivalent to unique, non-proprietary drugs) and

2) where it makes sense, and where it is worth the effort, to do so, to register (in GNUmed)

- one or more "Brand names" for this substance
- one or more Brand names for any combo containing this substance

The only role of FreeDiams is
- to contain reference sets of substances where these can be sanely standardized, and
- to manage interactions information where it exists in a sufficiently reliable state
which is why I expect it would be hard for FreeDiams to manage herbal remedies

-- Jim