Re: [Gnumed-devel] Usage of GNU-med for TCM

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Usage of GNU-med for TCM
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 18:37:57 +0000

On 2012-02-28, at 10:22 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Managing such therapies in GNUmed
>> requires a practitioner to come up with a plan for how to organize:
>>
>> 1) a set of re-usable "substances" (equivalent to unique, non-proprietary
>> drugs) and
>>
>> 2) where it makes sense, and where it is worth the effort, to do so, to
>> register (in GNUmed)
>>
>> - one or more "Brand names" for this substance
>> - one or more Brand names for any combo containing this substance
>
> Jim, I fully agree this approach should work.

Since the above should work, any "not going well" may simply be some
misunderstanding of how to create and use such lists of medication, perhaps
extending to whether this can in future versions be made any easier in GNUmed.

Whether to build a data pack depends if there is enough agreement on content,
by enough people, involving sufficient numbers of substances, to make the task
of interest to somebody.

-- jim