Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] <bug>: occured today while registering

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] <bug>: occured today while registering new patient
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:50:05 +0100

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:45:08AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > Encounter was saved, but I can't view it.
> >
> > Doesn't work for other patients either.
>
> This Spuk will be gone tomorrow. It's another leap year age
> calculation bug. I'm hunting it down. Thanks for reporting.

Found it. When calculating the *apparent* age (the way
humans would feel, not the way mathematics works) replaces
the current day into the date of birth during its
calculation. Today is Feb 29th which only occurs every so
often. In case a patient is born in a non-leap year Python
will throw an exception because Feb 29th did not exist in
that year. Tomorrow everything will work as usual because
March 1st existed in the year of birth.

Fixed.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de