Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Usage of GNU-med for TCM

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Usage of GNU-med for TCM
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 20:06:19 +0000

On 2012-03-03, at 9:57 AM, Axel Wachtler wrote:

> I found an creative commons licensed herb database in german, which is
> unfortunately distributed as 40MB M$ Access Database. Not shure if this
> can be somehow opened with LibreOffice.

Apparently only under the Microsoft Windows OS

        http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=25300

A person who is using Windows, if they have Access, can export to dBase (*.dbf)
or if they do not have Access can alternately use some free Windows programs to
open .MDB files

        http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=115581

A free software on *nix can read .MDB but there is a risk of data loss

        http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=25300#p160459

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:V6zz9gS53lIJ:www.ericklan.com/main/drupal/index.php%3Fq%3Dnode/54+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

-- Jim