Re: [Gnumed-devel] Client's detection of new releases broken - is uscan

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Client's detection of new releases broken - is uscan also broken?
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:48:23 +0000

On 2012-03-30, at 1:05 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I'm afraid you are mixing up things here.

I was not mixing them up, but I understand that any assumption I was making
risked to be weak. I had noticed:

1) that my GNUmed client software (1.1.7) was failing to detect the existence
of 1.1.12 tarballs

2) that the tarball string at

                http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/1.1/

        had changed format from earlier version tarballs... the format was now

                gnumed-client.1.1.12.tgz (lower case gnu)

        and not

                GNUmed-client.1.1.12.tgz (upper case GNU, which form had been
used in the past)

3) I had somehow made myself a note that "uscan looks for a string matching

http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/[\d\.]+/GNUmed-client\.([\d\.]+)\.tgz

        which appeared, to me, to be case sensitive

That's all. I did (do) not know how to resolve my own question on this, and
that's why I asked. I did not have anything stronger on which to base the
worry. Thank you, though.

-- Jim