Re: [Gnumed-devel] menu GNUmed > Preferences >

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] menu GNUmed > Preferences >
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 22:31:50 +0000

On 2012-04-04, at 2:48 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> I am looking to capture how this particular group of "configurations" is
>> different from what, to any regular user, may seem to be other things that
>> could be called "configurations" such as client parameters and UI and
>> External tools preferences etc.
>>
>> If it simply that what is currently in
>>
>>      Show configuration
>>
>> was not supported to be changed under the other headings, then how about
>> calling it
>>
>>      Other configurations
>>
>> and positioning it bottom-most under
>
> It simply *isn't* "other" configuration. It is the very same
> configuration items (except being expanded to show all
> instances of each within the database) being *listed*.

Ah! Well! What you are indicating is that it is a compete or full listing. Then
why not

        All preferences

and modify the resulting window title bar to

        All preferences

or

        All configured preferences

and inside that window modify the label to

        All user / workplace preferences currently in the database

and shall the third column Option be renamed Preference?

-- Jim