Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.2-to-be (git) feedback

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.2-to-be (git) feedback
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 11:29:28 +0200

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 06:20:44PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

For me, the "Reminders" panel within the Overview plugin
double-clicks to the Inbox plugin ?

> 1) within any panel, each line item is individually
> selectable but the items are not granular... double-clicking
> any item leads to the same plugin being pulled into focus.
>
> - can granularity permit the double-clicked item to be preselected in the
> target plugin?

It can.

> - if no, then if all within-panel clicks would be treated
>   as "en block" (clicks of total contents) this would make
>   clearer to the user that they will not have the benefit of
>   granularity

I am not sure I understand what would be different from what
is happening now ?

> - is it worth for the labels above the panels to be made
>   active, to likewise open the relevant plugins?

I wouldn't for the time being.

> 2) The panels "Active problems" and "History" are
> separated by the panel "Current  meds" however both of them
> (Active problems, History) lead to the same EMR tree. This
> suggests to me an argument to place them together. I would
> suggest
>
>         Current medications
>         Active problems
>         History
>
> This makes it possible, when reviewing current
> medications, to visualize whether the reasons for those
> medications are apparent among the Active problems and where
> it is not the case, the History can be scrolled to see if it
> contains items that need to be made active. Either way, it
> would be the same EMR tree that needs to be accessed to make
> any changes.

I don't particularly like the meds / probs / Hx order but
then I haven't tested it in practice.

I have, for the time being, moved Active problems into the
middle, also giving it a slight yellowish tint such that the
eye is naturally attracted to it.

Artists please suggest the perfect color.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de