Re: [Gnumed-devel] Structured input form

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Structured input form
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:41:26 +0200

Hello Vaibhav,

> Though gnumed input is well structured, for research
> activities, more structured input or a questionnaire form is
> required. Is it possible to create a form inside soap.

Can you please describe a bit more in detail what you would
like to see ?

So far one can only "structurally" create a form insofar as
one can layout a text macro in a way that it resembles a
form.

Another option might be to use a visual progress note as a
pseudo-form.

However, both options to not lend themselves to post-hoc
automatic evaluation.

There are several ways forward:

1) Use an external questionaire/statistics/epidemiology/
   study tool like LimeSurvey, EpiInfo, OpenClinica -- and
   improve GNUmed's interface capabilities.

2) Enable attaching more than "just" images (as visual
   progress notes) to encounters. That way, any externally
   processed form can be attached to encounters.

3) Extend GNUmed to have internal "structured data input".

IMHO options 1 and 2 are preferable over 3. The latter will
require to (likely badly) duplicate work already done by
others.

2 is already possible (documents *are* already attached to
encounters) - but it can be improved in accessibility from
within the EMR.

3 is also already possible (in a quite cumbersome way) -
treat questionaire items as individual measurements...

If you tell us more about what exactly it is that you want
to achieve I can perhaps give better advice.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de