Re: [Gnumed-devel] Structured input form

From: Vaibhav Banait
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Structured input form
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:44:51 +0000

Hi
When I looked at the data of my hep b patients, I felt though data was ok for
managing patient clinically, it lacked many details which might have been
useful for publications as i am a lazy (in writing and typing ) person, I have
used many subjective terms rather than values (eg high viral load, elevated
liver enzymes), missed important inputs (exposure history at times ) as it may
not be relevant in treatment of patients, but nevertheless would be important
when you start analysis of data for publications. Therefore other way of
documenting soap would be to use readymade questionnaire where you have to
answer yes no or select options . This could be achieved using epiinfo 7 forms,
but that means I will be duplicating my work in gnumed and epiinfo. that will
be sheer waste of time. If I can create a form to be used as my casesheet
instead of' soap inside gnumed, that becomes the best option. for that gnumed
should allow creation of questionnaire, and automated database as epiinfo
allow. The other way out would be to use epiinfo as emr. I am not sure how?
Neither I think it will be possible. I would like to know your input./
suggestions.
Regards
Vaibhav Banait