Re: [Gnumed-devel] Structured input form

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Structured input form
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:47:14 +0000

On 2012-04-12, at 7:44 AM, Vaibhav Banait wrote:

> When I looked at the data of my hep b patients, I felt though data was ok for
> managing patient clinically, it lacked many details which might have been
> useful for publications as i am a lazy (in writing and typing ) person, I
> have used many subjective terms rather than values (eg high viral load,
> elevated liver enzymes), missed important inputs (exposure history at times )
> as it may not be relevant in treatment of patients, but nevertheless would be
> important when you start analysis of data for publications. Therefore other
> way of documenting soap would be to use readymade questionnaire where you
> have to answer yes no or select options . This could be achieved using
> epiinfo 7 forms, but that means I will be duplicating my work in gnumed and
> epiinfo. that will be sheer waste of time. If I can create a form to be used
> as my casesheet instead of' soap inside gnumed, that becomes the best option.
> for that gnumed should allow creation of questionnaire, and automated
> database as ep
> iinfo allow. The other way out would be to use epiinfo as emr. I am not sure
> how?
> Neither I think it will be possible. I would like to know your input./
> suggestions.

It seems that the desire is to easily and efficiently input for each patient,
in a consistent way, one or more pieces of information *other* than narrative.

These pieces of information can represent

        - history of some event, like a procedure or vaccination or an exposure
                - the event could have been point in time or an interval

        - history of a "state" like being "test-positive" or "exposure
positive" for something

        - measurements

and maybe the use case is to be able to define in the back end a place to
support each from an element of key triplets like

        category of thing
        kind of thing within category
        value of thing (name value or numeric value options and input)

and a dialog (window) or plugin in which the user can be offered one or several
such "triplets" to fill in.

Perhaps each set of triplets can be named. In this way, the UI could offer the
user one or more sets in a single screen.

It could be possible that in any one praxis, every patient record would offer
the same sets of triplets to be accessed and entered (a global set in common to
every patient in the praxis).

And / or, it could be supportable in a patient with heart failure to record and
display a dozen sets (this could be a "CHF cluster")

        smoking status
        cholesterol status
        HbA1c
        BMI
        Weight
        Height
        status of hypertension
        status of coronary artery disease
        status of valvular heart disease
        status of ventricular function
        clinical severity (class) of heart failure
        clinical severity (class) of angina

but in another patient to support a different set.

??

-- Jim