Re: [Gnumed-devel] regarding FreeDiams 0.7.1 on Debian

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] regarding FreeDiams 0.7.1 on Debian
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 12:18:02 +0200

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 04:03:55AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> may be relevant... I located the xml file that is being
> passed to FreeDiams by GNUmed 1.02.rc2 , quoted below.
>
> I notice that there does not exist, in my ~/.gnumed/ directory any conf file
> of the name
>
>       ConfigFile value="/Users/djb/.gnumed/freediams4gm.conf"
>
> but I am not sure how such a file was to have been put there.

As far as I know this file does not *have* to exist. But it
can - in which case it gets used - such that users can have
a FreeDiams configuration different between calling
FreeDiams from GNUmed or calling FreeDiams directly.

> I also wonder where or how in GNUmed we should manage
> which version of FreeDiams is to be expected.

We don't because FreeDiams can read old files.

Our read logic (now) branches depending on whether it
receives 0.5.0 or 0.6.0 input back from FreeDiams, too.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de