Re: [Gnumed-devel] Backup

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Backup
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 16:23 +0200

On Thursday, May 10, 2012 03:53:54 PM Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > > We already have a backup tool.
> >
> > At least on Linux we have some scripts ready to go. However as always
> > these
> > scripts assume that you have some kind of knowledge on administration.
> >
> > Future version could potentially create sophisticated user friendly backup
> > tools.
>
> I strongly suggest GNUmed not concern itself with such things.

I agree.  Howerver GNUmed affiliated companies or free time enthusiats could
add
value to GNUmed by offering tailored solutions ready to go.

One really easy way to do it would be a wxpython based gui which would ask for
backup destination and stuff. This would create a config file and a batch file
which would be dropped on the harddisk and be run.

Sebastian