Re: [Gnumed-devel] Am I wrong ?

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Am I wrong ?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:57:22 +0000

On 2012-05-10, at 11:06 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> The table you were referring to is tailored for *patient*
> use. I spoke with several doctors to see what they think.
> The intent is to make the table as concise as possible:
>
>       Brand      Regimen

That is reasonable, however in the case where a substance was given no brand
name, does the placeholder substitute the substance name into the 'Brand"
position?

Also, I did point out that in the column "Regimen" there seems a limitation in
which (in the case of a multi-component drug) the only "Advice" that gets
provided to the patient is the advice which had been entered under one of the
components.

It can be helpful to be able to input such advice, for example so that the
patient can know what the component does or so they can know which side effect
to look out for.

However, if these will not print, it is a bit of a problem. Was it intentional,
and if intentional what is determining which component sources the "advice" so
that the user can better know where they should place their advice?

> A second placeholder will allow to add more technical
> details, mostly intended to serve a clinician, reviewing a
> medication chart.
>
>       Substance       Brand   Strength        Advice
>
> With all this one size will never fit all so there's hardly
> a need to much discuss it unless someone speaks up who wants
> to add more placeholders.

Agreed, but I had brought up in the above-referenced posting (late on May 5th,
"Placeholders for medications") something that shows up in the output having
the appearance of some unresolved (and maybe syntactically incorrect) LaTex
code:

        | X |l| X | p7.5cm |

-- Jim