Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholders for medications

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholders for medications
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 19:02:52 +0000

On 2012-05-11, at 2:37 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 11:19:27PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> The attached PDF suggests a possible improvement and a possible bug
>> (relative to LaTex).
>
> Indeed. However, I tried with the GNUmed default template
> which produce the proper PDF (attached).
>
> This makes me think there may be something odd with your
> LaTeX template. Can you provide that ?

Attached

        latex_t_emr_summary.tex (my template)

        gm-L-Template-eV0KN3-instance.tex

                … which includes the pesky but unwanted output

                                |X|l|X|p7.5cm|

        gm-L-Template-eV0KN3-instance.pdf (the resulting PDF)

>From the log, I found

        ! LaTeX Error: Environment tabularx undefined.

        Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

        l.236 \noindent \begin{tabularx}
                                        {\textwidth}{|X|l|X|p{7.5cm}|}
        Your command was ignored.
        Type  I <command> <return>  to replace it with another command,
        or  <return>  to continue without it.

        ! Missing number, treated as zero.
        <to be read again>
                           }
        l.236 \noindent \begin{tabularx}{\textwidth}
                                                    {|X|l|X|p{7.5cm}|}
        A number should have been here; I inserted `0'.
        (If you can't figure out why I needed to see a number,
        look up `weird error' in the index to The TeXbook.)

        ! Illegal unit of measure (pt inserted).
        <to be read again>
                           }
        l.236 \noindent \begin{tabularx}{\textwidth}
                                                    {|X|l|X|p{7.5cm}|}
        Dimensions can be in units of em, ex, in, pt, pc,
        cm, mm, dd, cc, nd, nc, bp, or sp; but yours is a new one!
        I'll assume that you meant to say pt, for printer's points.
        To recover gracefully from this error, it's best to
        delete the erroneous units; e.g., type `2' to delete
        two letters. (See Chapter 27 of The TeXbook.)