[Gnumed-devel] graphical representations of objective parameters

From: Vaibhav Banait
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] graphical representations of objective parameters
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 23:18:58 +0000

Hi
while following up a patient for a long time, you may fail to ponder over
objective signs which when compared to previous visit record may not appear
important, but when you look at the trend, you may pick up pathologist at early
stage.
few such parameters are weight, vital signs (p, bp) Hb, albumin. Etc. To
clarify the point I would cite an example. If you are following up a patient
with functional disorder, you may tend to ignore symptoms. The actual weight
loss between the two visits may not be significant say half a kg and thus when
compared to previous visit, may be ignored. But if you get a pop up after
entering a weight in field provided showing graphical trend over previous few
visits , half a kg weight loss which is still not significant, but is
progressively occurring may indicate serious disorder and thus may necessitate
further evaluation.
The emr thus should contribute in this way for early diagnosis. Few such
parameters across the practice can be identified and fields should be provided
for the same.
similarly algorithms may be suggested using emr for a symptom or symptom
complex evaluation . I am not sure how this can be achieved but I would like to
know your opinion
Regards
Vaibhav Banait